Ans– 5G in the fifth-generation mobile network after 1G,2G,3G, and 4G. 5G technology achieves faster web speed, low inaction, more prominent trustworthiness, colossal association, limit, extended openness, and more uniform client experience.
India’s greatest spectrum sell-off, which will make ready for fast 5G administrations, is probably going to finish up by July-end and the rollout is normal by September this year, association Telecom and IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said on Wednesday. The Cabinet has supported a 5G range sell off which is planned to start from July 26.
Differences between 4G and 5G–
- Networking coverage– Organizing inclusion 5G gives improved network inclusion contrasted with 4G.
- Latency (Time taken to respond) – Latency of 5G is between 1-10 milliseconds but in 4G it is around 20-30 milliseconds.
- Speed– 5G will provide a much higher downloading and uploading speed compared to 4G.
- Number and type of devices supported– 5G will support 1 million devices per square kilometer but 4G about 4000. The type of devices supported is much higher by 5G.
- Network congestion– 5G will ensure lesser congestion and a more stable network.
- Battery consumption– 5G will provide for low battery consumption.
Given the edge, 5G has on 4G, India is expected to capitalize on the potential of 5G in the below-mentioned ways–
- A high speed of 5G will– enhance and support the government’s effort to promote digital India and to ensure a better monitoring system, reducing corruption. Enhance speedy completion of projects.
- Low dormancy will help in coordinated operations improvement which would diminish in general expense of labor and products.
- Employment network coverage will help in reducing the digital gap in India through better support during limited access or the absence of mobile networks.
- Enhanced security – Through smart appliances like CCTV, 5G will provide high-quality real-time video.
- Logistics and shipping– 5G will guarantee better effective products following, armada the board, staff planning, and ongoing conveyance following.
- Smart cities– smart city applications like traffic management, smart power grid, crowd management, emergency response, etc. can be effectively handled by a 5G network.
- Industrial growth– Efficient automation of equivalent, maintenance, safety, tracking, logistics, etc. can be very easily achieved by 5G.
- 5G will felicitate smart farming and telemedicine services in India.
5G will assist with consolidating man-made consciousness (AI) and work with the biological system for the web of things (IoT) in the country. Thus, the 5G network will help in enhanced the digitization of the country which will ultimately raise the GDP but there are many challenges in rolling out 5G technology in India
- Old devices which do not support 5G need to be replaced.
- The development of infrastructure for the 5G network would be very expensive.
- The Ban on specific unfamiliar telecom OEMs (unique comparable makers) basic to 5G innovation presents another obstacle.
- The number of users in India poses a huge challenge in terms of a swift upsurge in mobile broad-band consumption and subsequent network congestion.
- India’s 5G spectrum pricing is much costlier than the global average. This will be determined to India’s cash-strapped lens.
The telecom business is supposed to lay out around ₹1-1.1 lakh crore on the 5G sale, notwithstanding telcos’ reservations over high range costs, according to rating office Icra, however it forewarned that area obligation level is probably going to ascend with impending sell-offs as telcos have been zeroing in on deleveraging yet conceded liabilities keep on keeping the obligation levels raised.
Different initiatives have been taken by the government for the smooth rollout of 5G–
- National Electronics policy 2019 to promote start-ups in 5G, IoT, AI, etc.
- National Telecom Policy (NTP) to introduce 5G.
- India working on creating a corpus of 500 crores for RJD for 5G technology.
- Trying to make its intellectual property rights (IPR) as part of 5G global standards.
5G services, which will be multiple times quicker than 4G, will be carried out soon, said an administration notice on Wednesday, adding that north of 72 GHz of Spectrum will be sold for a time of 20 years. The 5G administrations are supposed to be carried out by August-September.
India should proactively work to deploy 5G technology by focusing on infrastructure development. Local firms should be incentivized to develop their internal capacity.